2 Basic Kontakt Questions[Solved]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by talkytina, Jun 11, 2014.

1. talkytina

talkytina Newbie

I'm new to Kontakt. I've watched a couple of tutorials such as the MacProVideo and others as well as some youtube vids, but I'm still confused about some things.

1. I got the Unearthed Metal Percussion and when I drag the sample into the main window, I don't get that instrument panel that they show. I get the basic set up that you get when you drag for example a wav file that you created. I can't get that vst looking instrument panel.

2. If I drag for example 3 different samples onto the main window. I can only play the top most sample. How do I play all the samples simultaneously/layered?

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

LOL.. Your first message since you joined on 27 may 2013 & your username is talkytina :excl: :wow: :rofl:

Well, Welcome to Audiosex again & hope you enjoy your stay here :wink:

To answer your questions

1. use the add library tab in kontakt

2.set each patch Midi Ch. to omni, or do this:
    open kontakt
    click file, (the top left File beside help)
    Click the Handling Tab,
    Change assign to 1st free to assign to omni
    Close the window
    Close & reopen Kontakt & your good to go

to find out more about your questions see here:
    Active Members Post Only: Kontakt Problems with Windows? Please Post Here!!!

4. chd

chd Newbie

you have said this so many times before even I know it and im a Kontakt hater! :wink: (eventually i will install the sht but successfully postponing for now *no* )

5. talkytina

talkytina Newbie

Thanks for the reply and help. Got the layered files to works =)

Yeah I tried using the add library tab even before posting the question but I continually get the No Library Found warning. When I click on the tab to add the library, I can get to 3 folders: unEarthed.Sampling.Antique.Metal.Percussion > Instruments > samples. At each of those folders I get a no library found warning. Unless I'm missing a specific file for the actual library? I was able to eventually pull up the instruments panel by dragging the .nki file.

6. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

You have to create a wallpaper & .nicnt as this library is only meant to be used with the quickload menu

7. talkytina

talkytina Newbie

Got it. Thank you very much!