2.12 won't activate on random computers (works now. FIX!)

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by audiofannn, Oct 10, 2020.

1. audiofannn

audiofannn Member

Not alone here... I got Maschine 2.12.0 to work on 3 different Win 7 systems (offline). I couldn't get it working on one Win7 system, and another Win10 system (both offline).

The KG says it is successful, but nothing works. Demo mode. When checking the registry, I don't see the SNO, KEY or SYSTEMID fields on these systems.

Windows Defender is disabled. No anti-virus (they're fully offline / safe).

How can I get 2.12 activated? I should mention that I had a bunch of expansions installed (and using with 2.10.1).

Should mention that the versions I went through were in this order... 2.6.5, 2.7.10, 2.8.7, 2.9, 2.10.0, 2.10.1, 2.11 ("fixed") and now this.]

On one Windows 10 system, it was completely fresh... installed 1.3.4 Factory Library, then 2.12.0 (from sister site), ran KG... the stupid Demo / Buy / Activate screen. According to the comments at the sister site, many people are experiencing the same thing.

Thank you for any help!

SOLVED, FIXED--
    See my post further down.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  3. _mahsofabish

_mahsofabish Guest

did you have the UAC activated?

4. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

Some machines needs oil before run . . .

5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

2.1.2 of What?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. audiofannn

audiofannn Member

User Account Control? I'm sorry if I misunderstand. I disable that with Windows. The computers are completely offline, so Native Access is not installed at all. 2.12 of the Maschine software (latest version which includes the new Clips).

Thank you

7. _mahsofabish

_mahsofabish Guest

Yep... the friendly useless user account control... How did you disable it? regedit, powershell/cmd or just via control panel?
    If not "eradicated", it tends (mostly on W10) to block third-party stuff to write registry lines...

Open your registry and look for that key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

In the right pane, check if the DWORD "EnableLUA" is set to 0

8. audiofannn

audiofannn Member

There is a key there that is set to 0 already. I disabled it in Control Panel. Is it supposed to be 0? Thank you!

9. _mahsofabish

_mahsofabish Guest

Yeah it is supposed to be 0 when turned off... but sometimes disabling it only in the control panel do not affect that key...
    By the way this is the only hint I've got for you... These latest Native Instruments releases seems to be a mistery...
    Someone get it workin as it is... Someone not... I couldn't help You more than this... Sorry...

10. audiofannn

audiofannn Member

Thank you for your help

11. audiofannn

audiofannn Member

WORKING SOLUTION:

I wiped one of the Windows 7 laptops clean. Installed Windows 7, 64-bit. All necessary runtimes, and .NET framework 4.8.

I installed in order:
    Maschine 2 Library (version 1.0.0) from here
    Maschine 2.0.0 software (R2R) from here

I did NOT run the registry-entry thing that is included in the 2.0.0 installer.

I copied the 2.12.exe from the Data\OFFLINE folder (from this page)... it's the 4th folder down (called 9B2BF889). I just copied the "Maschine 2.exe" file.

I then renamed the installed 2.0.0 file to "Maschine 200.exe" (Program Files\Native Instruments\Maschine 2) so as to not overwrite it, with the new one.

Then I pasted the newest version, into the same folder that "Maschine 200.exe" is in. It pastes as "Maschine 2.exe (thus, not overwriting, as above).

I ran that file. It gave me the Demo screen. But the message was encouraging when it said "Thank you for your interest in Maschine 2!" or whatever.

Then, I used the KG (from this page) and ONLY registered "Maschine 2" (nothing else... not "Register all things". Just "Maschine 2."

I ran "Maschine 2.exe" (from the Program Files\Native Instruments\Maschine 2 folder).

No Demo screen.

What's left to do now is update the library to 1.3.4 as required... and install Previews. And of course, register the Maschine 2 Library (via this KG).

It works, though. IT WORKS. IT WORKS.

All these versions from 2.0.0 to 2.11.... get rid of them. Maybe uninstall EVERYTHING and clear out your Native Instruments Registry folder... entirely.

Follow the steps like this, and it works.

Please comment with your findings.

bad-news edit: It worked on ONE laptop (Dell Precision M4800). I wiped another (Dell Precision M4600), and it did not. I did the steps exactly the same. Exactly. I think it HATES the M4600. That's the one I had no luck with. The towers I DID have luck with: Dell Optiplex 780 (three of them). And a custom-built gaming PC (Windows 7, with all versions of Maschine installed, since 2.0.0. Worked, no problem). Maybe this can help the teams figure it out.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020