100 Free DnB MIDI & WAV Drum Loops Released By Drum Jockey

Discussion in 'Software News' started by sideshowbob, Oct 10, 2014.

1. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

[​IMG]
    Drum Jockey has announced the release of Drum Jockey’s 100 d&b Beats, a free collection of DnB drum loops in MIDI format, with additional preview WAV loops based on the samples from the Premium Drumz drum sample library by BHK Samples.

The included loops are organized into nine different folders by type. For example, there’s a folder for buildups, another folder for break beats, fills, etc. It’s a really well organized collection of drum grooves and I like how each included MIDI sequence comes with a preview WAV loop, so there’s no need to blindly load each MIDI file in your DAW in search for the right drum groove for your project.

The MIDI drum sequences included in this pack are really cool, there’s loads of variety to them and you should definitely check them out if you’re not too fond of programming drums from scratch. You’ll find loads of different DnB drum grooves inside, as well as some cool fills and buildups, ready to trigger the drum hits in your favorite drum sampler.

While the included MIDI sequences are very useful, I must admit that I’m not too impressed with the loops in WAV format. They’re definitely intended for previewing the MIDI grooves rather than for use in music projects. Some of the included drum fills do sound very nice, but most of the loops are too generic. You should definitely go for the MIDI files instead and use them to trigger your own drum samples.

On a somewhat related note, BHK Samples have announced that they will release the updated version of their brilliant NASTY sample library as a free download if enough people share and like this Facebook post. It is a great collection of sounds for use in DnB tunes, definitely worth a bit of extra effort to get it as a freebie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZzl3xBaBW8&feature=youtu.be​

Demos on Soundcloud

Code:
    https://soundcloud.com/drumjockey
    Demos SC

Code:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!EwMjRaDI!ac36a5yyg4T7Gn2bypHIbi14HUU-n-moi8tkAZZXJ48
    DDL 193mb

3. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Holy duck that drummer. I played drums until I was 14, I would pay to get half of that guys skills. Nice vid, nice stuff.
    As always great finding sideshowbob!
    You're the man :wink:

btw, you're not allowed to post useful stuff today, today is the official day of:
    "say what you think about the scene, sharing and people behind it also if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about"

:bleh:

4. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

:lmao:

I´ve been following the conversations veeeery neatly... and I`m :wow:
    Had a long working day, completly done to say so ... will put out some real rude replies during the weekend [​IMG]

Have good night and be blessed
    :mates:

5. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

That guy is killing the scene !
    Releasing his OWN work for FREE !

What scene is going to crack or share now ?
    Think about the scene, selfish a**h*les !

:rofl: :wink:

I really liked this guy performance. Combining human feel and DnB sounds :mates:

PS : when i read "sideshowbob"...i see : "sideboobs". I don't know why :dunno: :bleh:
    Have a nice week-end girls and boys !
    Sideboobs

6. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

No "Scene" gossip in my topic, man! :bleh: :rofl:
    PS: So my nick makes you feel cozy? :lmao: Let`s elaborate some "mother issues" ... [​IMG]