100% AI Generated Songs Are Here! No Humans After Clicking Go!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by tommyzai, May 20, 2024.

1. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. lordradish

lordradish Ultrasonic

It seems to excel at making generic, mainstream shit...for now.

4. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Sounds like most of the Hot 100

5. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

Would you think that this was AI? I had the lyrics and an idea. It took about 20 changes in prompts to get it to where I imagined it to be and I have to say there is no way I could achieve this with any other tools at my disposal. But I took no part in any aspect of composition.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

dare i say, better than some of the Hot 100

7. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

I must admit, I haven't made any new music for about 3 months now.

Not sure whether this is a combo of new Live 12 functionality making it even easier to generate compositions from nothing with their new generative midi tools, or the fact that anyone can generate a song by typing a couple of sentences into a website.

And this AI is moving at such a pace, that each new engine they release every 3 months will be exponentially improved.

9. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

Even though it's different from what we usually hear with AI (mostly because people demo it with generic prompt that give generic music) it definitly sound like AI music. The weird flangy effect on the high frequency mixed with the bad codec sound, and the voice articulation with this unatural thing (but real voice can have that too with bad setup autotune), I'm sure those thing will be fixed soon and in few month (years I hope) no one will be able to make the difference, but for now it's not there yet to be indistinguishable from "real" music.

Maybe for someone hearing that on a phone with bad speaker, without any context and without other regular music around would not hear that it's AI (or someone who doesn't know yet what AI is capable of), but in a middle of a Spotify playlist (even the at quality without premium sub) it will be obvious, and at least make the listener think that there's something wrong with the song.

But on the "prompting AI" side of thing, it's a really good track that really show how can we make great thing with that and not just generic pop that sound like free soundbank music :)

10. nottoday@mate

nottoday@mate Newbie

Ai meets Early Dandy Warhols & Tom Petty/ShaunMullins

11. thedarkbird

thedarkbird Platinum Record

Pretty impressive, even though it's clear something's wrong with those songs (for now). But there's no doubt that AI capabilities will increase exponentially over the next few years until we will not be able to tell the difference anymore.

I don't expect AI to cause big problems for genuine artists though, because nobody will care. Imagine all the computing power in the world constantly generating Stephen King-alike novels. You'd end up with billions and billions of books generated every day. There's no value in that for us humans. We will keep wanting to read an actual written novel by Stephen King himself.

The worst that can happen is that we are fooled into believing it was human created content while in reality it was AI. So there should be a mandatory label, like: 'AI-assisted content' and '100% AI generated', then we know what we're getting. We'll be amazed about it, and then move on to what a human being actually has created.

12. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

My recent pastime is to drop scientific papers into chatGPT4o and ask it to resume them into the form of country songs, then I take the lyrics to Udio and make a cheese catchy country song with them.

13. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

It's as amazing as scary.
    I've already heard all kind of songs from jokes to serious stuff and: holy shit they sound realistic.
    The vocals don't sound totally clear in many songs, like if there's a permanent slight chorus effect.
    But man, give it one year.

Besides the obvious, it's mind-blowing to me how the vocals make the lyrics fit in every bar. I haven't tried it personally, but oh boy...

Last edited: May 22, 2024
  15. officialswish

officialswish Member

this does not sound like top 100...even when referencing the 90s its sounds like some cheap version of something that did well in the 90s

this sounds horrible.

this is not how music works. since the inception of music in the western culture, its been dictated by expressions of southern black people. negro spirituals gave way to gospel. which gave way to blues. which gave way to rock/country/soul/jazz and their many offshoots. Disco gave way to Detroit Techno which became EDM. which all gave way to RnB and hip hop. AI is trying to guess using whats already been made. it can't create a genre and it'll never be out in front of what gets created bc its based on realtime influence.

Last edited: May 20, 2024
  16. Rybrambo

Rybrambo Newbie

I just hope that this AI era will push more people to go to live shows to see real people perform.

17. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Only 3 months? Lucky you!! ;-) I'm going on 20-years of collecting samples, plugins, and snippets of ideas. ;-0

18. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Only 20 years? Lucky you! I'm.... I can't even finish lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao::hahaha: