10 of the most bizarre things sold at music auctions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Beth, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Beth

Beth Guest

Most music fans have a treasured memento or two, whether it be the sweaty t-shirt or end-of-show drumstick caught in the crowd, or just the long-treasured ticket stub. But pop idol souvenirs can get a lot stranger - and pricier - than that. If you have the devotion and the cash to spare, almost anything formerly owned by the artist of your choice can be yours.

10 of the most bizarre things sold at music auctions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/4e641c9b-1a1f-4b07-9201-5843854aaa25

includes:
    1. John Lennon's school detention sheet and tooth
    2. Mask of David Bowie's face made for The Hunger
    3. Britney's used chewing gum.
    4. Elvis's used backgammon board and suede shoe spray
    5. Justin Timberlake's half-eaten french toast
    6. Madonna's old credit card
    7. Jerry Lee Lewis's nose ointment
    8. William Shatner's kidney stone
    9. Willie Nelson's pigtails
    10. James Blunt's sister

Which I guess all goes to show that some people may have more money than sense huh :rofl:
    Check the link for the full article...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Thanks for a good laugh! :hahaha:

I really can't say anything positive about people these days, rich or not, because Trump happened. People have gone completely bonkers, at least 50% of them. :mad:
    They can steal our money, but they cannot steal our souls... and laughter! :metal:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Beth

Beth Guest

Like it !!! :phunk:

5. Don't laugh, there's serious medicine in Willie Nelson's pigtails...serious mojo a'workin'.

6. Beth

Beth Guest

yeah I actually put a bid in thinking they would suit me and have the secondary benefit of some Willie mojo rubbing off but dont ya know someone outbid me at the last second ...drat !

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Impressive

Impressive Guest

At a show I did in 2014 I once sold a copy of my debut studio album from 2007. Featuring me pounding away at a Casio CTK-411 keyboard in my parents basement & some goofy comedy stuff. Only 6 copies are floating around out there & knowing how bad it was I wouldn't be surprised if all 6 were used as a pee-pee pads for the most frequent shitting animals at the local zoo. Lol

8. Beth

Beth Guest

@Impressive but retro is cool now. Those tracks could be blasting away some kids eardrums on an iPhone somewhere right now...who knows? One day you may even hear them sampled on some DJ's monster hit track? :)
    Casio CTK-411's still sell on eBay and i believe sadly at Goodwill thrift stores. Happy memories though hey :yes:
    Only 6 original copies of your album ever made! that would bump their auction price up a bit ! ...and they have got to be worth more the Britney's used chewing gum for sure !

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017