09 House samples

Discussion in 'samples' started by bassmake, Apr 5, 2024.

1. bassmake

bassmake Member

I'm really into the 08/09 house sound think Groovenatics, Olav Basoski, Hardwell, Nicky Romero. But to this day I haven't figured out which sample packs they used or what was common at that time.

Does someone here have an idea?

3. Electro

Electro Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

everyone and their mother has those vengeance packs. especially Essential Clubsounds.

you are going to have to dig way deeper than that to find stuff on Olav Basoski's actual tracks. He made lots of instructional videos for MacProVideo and Groove3 using both Ableton and Logic. You will see him call up stock stuff from Logic's EXS24, Maschine, and other common stuff in them. But that is because a) paid for/supplied free/nfr, and obviously legit for use and b) many people already have them.

If you want a good chronological order of sample libraries, the easiest way is to look on a torrent tracker. It's not easy to go look on Loopmasters or Ueberschall types of sample websites and sort by release dates. Some you can, but can be time consuming. What you want is a big consolidated list of sortable data.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i think most of people still have these old 90s sample cds somewhere converted, those are gold mine for that sound.
    but most of those are just TR samples and classic synths from the 90s, which got carried over tot he 09 sound somehow.

btw thats not hardwell that Nickey dingsbums. also both are EDM, not House.

6. bassmake

bassmake Member

I've already been as far as going on Loopmasters and going to back to the sample packs that were released in 08/09. But sadly nothing much satisfactory. Passed weekend i spoke with some DJ's who were quite big in these days and they say vengeance was a huge source. And not using the loops but really creating your own drum loops with samples of the packs.

7. bassmake

bassmake Member

i think i really should look for the CDs then especially since the stab sounds are so hard to find. I've watched a lot of these older videos of Nicky and all these guys but due to the bad resolution back then seeing what they use exactly is quite hard. I am dutch so luckily there is a lot of content from these days made in dutch. But sadly not all that useful.