‘Bobdule’ Kontakt 6.6 for Mac

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Schming, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Schming

Schming Newbie

Hi. I’m on a Mac 10.13.6 High Sierra. I installed Moria’s Kontakt 6.6.1 and some Kontakt libraries were in demo mode and Logic froze and just made a mess. There’s no ‘Bobdule’ Kontakt 6.6 for mac but on his website there’s a library terminal code. Would that help or do I need an actual Bobdule program or Kontakt? I have limited knowledge with ‘terminal’ and I don’t want to re-install everything again but there’s libraries that need Kontakt 6.6. If I use the code do I do it word for word line by line? Do I write the words “ then sudo defaults write” or is that just directions? Obviously I don’t understand these things enough and I don’t know anyone who can help me. Please help. Thanks.

3. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

find the kontakt library scripts on the sister site. hope this helps.

4. Schming

Schming Newbie

Hi. Do you mean the 'Kitty Kontakt script'? It's the only one I see. I'm not having any problems installing Kontakt libraries. It's just that some of the libraries were batch saved in 6.6 from what I understand and I have 6.5.2 which works well but when I updated to 6.6 some of my old libraries went to demo mode and Logic froze so I went back to 6.5.2. It's the 6.6 Kontakt not working well on my mac. With the Kitty script there's no real instructions. Do I put all these scripts in once or specific scripts each time I need to do a certain function? I'm afraid to mess everything up.

5. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

this should help you, but just click the first one listed there, simply says "add library" or something... I just know its the first bit of code. Next you will be prompted to choose the kontakt folder. I havent had any issues other than adding free libraries from plugin boutique and stuff

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

there were a few "fixed" versions of 6.6. from Moria. A few of them had issues with users having "demo" modes in various states.
    Many releases had issues at version 6.6, you will need to ensure you find one that is working properly. Read the User comments before downloading any new copy.

I am not saying the copy you are using needs to be replaced. But it very well could, depending on what you downloaded. well, more like When you downloaded it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  7. Schming

Schming Newbie

Thanks for the info.