Ö.FM - Best Audio Online

Discussion in 'humor' started by emanresu, Oct 4, 2021.

1. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

ATM, I'm hearing some completely distorted sounds...

2. emanresu

emanresu Member

I just woke up and had to re-initialise DPClat.
    You mean those jitters? Or do you mean the sound itself? Should be fixed if it's the former. One of the software used dies by itself after 24+ h, hopefully I can find a replacement.

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Compared to the originals, this is the least bad change so far. Now reduce all by ~50% and you're maybe getting close.
    And fix those dropouts, please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

Just saw this thread...

To me it sounds exactly as my "hi-end" Sony FM receiver... so, good, but not that good. For background its OK.

5. emanresu

emanresu Member

Thanks!
    Reduce the "EFX/processing" applied by 50%?
    I'll definitely scheme this one out.
    The dropouts could be Mixlr itself,
    it gets more reliable over time for some reason.
    I'm trying to ear the stream all the time.
    Found a way to get rid of the jitters once they appear. Small positive Windows bugs that makes you start wondering what's underneath the hood.:unsure:

Alright, a welcome "warm reception" :)
    What would you have me improve upon?

6. emanresu

emanresu Member

Tweaked a little more, and 'am now running something that's secret AF which uses 70% of my 12700KF - and I got it working maxxed out with real-time output (not even the author thought this possible)!

I'm more than content, happy as a little fegelein.
    Looking forward to more criticism!
    All that I know of right now is to fix the software that crashes 1.5 days after being launched.. Stay tuned!

7. emanresu

emanresu Member

Sleep time, will check in 8h. Some f***ing tearing, might have to reboot.. tomorrow.

8. emanresu

emanresu Member

And I warn you that it's superloud now.

9. recycle

recycle Guest

@emanresu
    I'll take you seriously:
    Do you want to create a broadcast radio streaming that works?

The sound
    To get started, forget about playing that Spotify shit and use lossless audio files. That said, consider that any song released has already had a mix & mastering treatment: it doesn't need you to mess and destroy the original sound. If you really want to, you can work on the master out with a light multiband compressor or with a playlist rider, just to have a uniform level.
    Nothing more than that. If you are really looking for quality, there are various radio hosts that allow flac streaming for your broadcast.

The message
    I think you should study an idea: ask yourself questions such as "what do I want to communicate and who do I want to communicate it to?"
    Depending on your answer, you can then begin to build the artistic strategy. Be very demanding on this subject - this is the key to effective audio streaming, much more than perfect sound aesthetics. I guess that your idea is 100% music, therefore, musical culture is essential: your playlist must be on fire, go deep into the subject whatever musical direction you take.
    Also don't forget that good jingles, liners, station brakes, musical logos are essential

Only after focusing on the technical details of sound and artistic direction you can start to create a dedicated website, an app for smartphones, and all the social media hype needed to push your project (but that's a totally different story)

--------
    Addendum:
    If you prefer, solutions like Centova allows you to have your files in the cloud and avoiding using your computer 24/7
    https://centova.com/

Be aware: in order to have a legal radio broadcast you have to deal with copyright

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. emanresu

emanresu Member

@recycle Using a good audio source now.
    As I see it the originals lack pretty much everything because their Mastering Engineers have fallen into the pit of lies and restrictions that are commonly practised. I'd choose my current sound over the original, any day of the week. I get your point of view but I don't agree.

11. emanresu

emanresu Member

And thanks for the thorough plan of details when running a "real" broadcast radio. Not sure how I'll push this further. But as I said, the common Mastering Engineers really keep the true shit to themselves and make shitloads of money creating nerfed plugins. Remember 15-20 years ago?
    I wasn't around making music, but I do have maybe the best collection of relevant software and plugins that stem from that era. Today.. JUCE? Are you kidding me? Sheitberg ™®© stole the show

12. emanresu

emanresu Member

And this is not just a radio, it displays the quality of a UNIVERSAL (RE)MASTERING CHAIN :)
    Meaning, if you want a phatass sound you can not find anywhere else as a master on your master, then just ask. The intention is to have the best of the best do mixing and mastering. When they are exhausted of options on how to improve, they'll come to me and I'll just play it once and record the result.. and it's even better than their "top top top" result. But alas, it BUILDS upon a previous foundation. That is at least the vision. I'm soon done. Pushing new directions that Sheitberg ™®© wouldn't let anyone even explore. A lot of criticism has pushed me back and forth into the right direction. The sound you hear now has been very welcomed by other forums, even compared to the best Mastering Engineered albums there is. Am I kidding?

13. recycle

recycle Guest

Some of the mix & mastering you hear in big productions are done by renowned professionals who are considered “mixer superstars”. If you consider to have the talent to do better, if you believe you can lead the future of sound engineering, then you should stop wasting time with this streaming and offer your professionalism to the big labels.
    The entire world will be grateful, obviously, you would have fame and money from this operation

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2022
  14. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

For literally everyone's sake, I really, really hope so.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

Dude, you have more chance of getting struck by lightning and winning the euro lottery and having consensual sex with a woman who is not your mum :) all on the same day, than anyone with ears ever using your 'pro' producer suicide service...

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. emanresu

emanresu Member

I guess the "pro producers" modern software/"plugins"/hardware are inferior to what I've found. And I'm a noob with a big mission.

I'ma be humble here for a moment.
    The chain takes 5 minutes to set up and then almost as long shitchecking everything is working as intended, every parameter is right and so forth.

I took a day off to listen to "conventional" / vanilla music. And it just sucks in comparison. If you wanna flame without giving constructive feedback, so be it. But it also reveals who you are and your envy. For which I'm saddened but not surprised.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2022
  17. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

Seriously? After reading half of this thread?

You should improve in getting another hobby.

18. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

You greatest obsticle right now is mistaking personal taste with the real-world function of professional mastering.

Actually, i was aiming at humorous tough love. Why? 'Cos nobody goes to a mastering engineer to find 'the new sound', but merely to ensure their finished mix sounds as good as possible pretty-much everywhere.

OK then, why not throw up a HQ wav, flac or even 320Kbs mp3 of one of your incredible remasters here, so that we can properly assess the validity of your lofty assertions? The fact is you will do NO SUCH THING, because this whole thread - your so-called radio station, this nonsense one-mastering-chain-to-rule-them-all BS (along with your wounded affrontary of anyone questioning your overweening self-regard) - appears to me to be little more than the misplaced insolence of a troll gaming on other peoples' time & good intent.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. emanresu

emanresu Member

I can record in whatever format you want, and I have been recording hourssss of material. But in the process I've met criticism that was constructive in changing the chain and thus I've had to delete and re-record. Now the chain has been the same for quite a while and I'm ready to record. Let me set it up for you. Any particular genre?

20. emanresu

emanresu Member

Radio is running, right now I've concentrated on running a 1/5th of the chain in as HQ as possible without getting artefacts. Tedious when you spend quite some time setting it all up and something starts jittering, so I am evaluating part by part - what is necessary for certain functions and so forth.
    Currently playing around with non-distorting clipping as well. Happy that I managed to max out all settings on what I got. :)