I can't update Serum above v1.073 on W7 x64 ! Please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blue, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Hello my friends,

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and Ableton live 9.6.2. I have a problem since some days trying tu update my loved Serum,and I become crazy!!!

I downloaded a Serum Update v1.10b1 from r4e but my Serum refuses to update,it stays to the version 1.073 everytime that I open it in my DAW which is Live 9.6.2.

I also tried the r2r release,the v1.11b3 found somewhere on the web and the result is the same...Always Serum stays to the v1.073 when I click on the " menu " tab and then on " about " !!!

And because of that I can't open my last presets downloaded like Cymatics.

However I followed all the steps,drag & drop the patched DLL('s) or not,tick " read only " in the " AppData\Roaming\XFer\Serum\user.dat " file,disconnect internet or not,but Serum never updates above to v1.073 !!!

And the r2r Update is really the v1.11b3 because it's written on the update setup.

Does someone can help me please ??

Any solution??? What do I have to do ?

Apart to answer " buy it " ,the easy answer.I haven't the money for that today and tomorrow.I would like to buy it if I could !

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

You already know the answer because you will always have issues with scene releases. Just buy the damn thing and be done with it. Splice does a rent to own now for 9.99 a month until you pay off the 189 then it's yours forever.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

ok , when not today or tommorow than buy it the day after tomorrow .

i also would suggest to you learn more about Computer Basics .

5. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

SQAUARE DJAY pm me please RE SERUM FIXES OTHER THAN PURCHASING
    sorry but thats simply not exactly the case..... "buy serum then" "apart from it being an obvious solution that any fool knows"
    There are other ways around that provided you know how...my v1111 or whatevers fine and ive evry single instal since v1
    we dont all have an abundance of cash and before you say "what u cant afford £180 or whatever..
    No frankly i struggle to eat every day let alone money from jingles coz it aint enuff ,sorry im in a bad mood and disagree with that responce as its just not true certainly not for all of us not only that but the dude sounded like he needed help not an answer simillar to ridicule!!despite the fact he clearly didnt realise

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

If you like serum, buy it and support the developer. Scene releases are intended to preview full functionality so you know what you're getting yourself into. Noones ever said making music is cheap

7. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

..I'd like to help but you are far away from solution (although it requires less time to fix the latest up than to write a CC number), but don't have time right now - maybe start with uninstalling everything serum related (use a program like Revo to clean the registry too). Then you can not possibly see any version.
    Hope @jynx will guide you through. Then fell free to ask if you have any questions. Just so you know, you can make it work on the system mentioned. Good luck! :wink:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  8. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Wow your logic is all screwed up buddy. If you like it, why not buy it. Yeah at one point we all probably had a working version of scene release of serum but then updates come out and it stops working. Most of all people that purchased serum found value in the software enough to purchase it and support the developer so he can make things better. Good luck with your morality.

9. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Cool so in the same thread I also mentioned that it stopped working finally time bombing so I purchased it. I found value hence it was worth it for me to "buy it". Needless to say, each is thier own. I will respectfully remove me dislike but don't call people hipocrits because they decided to buy it.

10. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

@signalflow ok, let's cool down.. and I'll remove my comment, because irrelevant to the OP question

11. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Learn about computer basics??? I make music with computers since 2000,I'm not an engineer but a musician,ok?

If I had money or earned money with music I would like to buy all my loved softwares such as Cubase pro 8,Uhe NI XFER and others and support all developpers.
    Make money with (my) music is one of my dreams.

I have no job at the moment,ok?? And eat or smoke or have an apartment is more important,sorry.

Everybody has not enough money like you in this world,people in this world live with less than 100$ by month if you don't know.
    Every one on internet doesn't come from USA or Switzerland.

Signalflow are you a policeman or what??? Everybody is adult here,we know what is good or bad,we don't need your moral.Thanks.

Everybody does what he can.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  12. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

ok but you does not even know how to install software correctly . so i suggest you again spend more time to learn about computer basic instead of downloading warez all the time , and asking for cracked software support .

sorry to say that but smoke are not important .

13. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't spend my time downloading warez and it's the first time of my life I ask a question on the web about a problem with a cracked software,and about a problem with a software in general.

I know how to install or uninstall a soft correctly.If you don't want to answer don't waste your time here.If you spend your time playing the policeman on internet everytime you disagree with something you must spend your entire days on your computer.

Sorry but I smoke since 20 years ago.I don't want to stop,a lot of problems.I won't tell you my life.

14. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

also again smoke are definetly not important you could save this money , you could also save the money from your inet connection as it is not important too to survive .

15. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

So many responses in this topic give me exactly this feeling:

Could literally b anything, from u accidentally reseting ur plugin dir 2 default in Ableton, and having old leftovers there, 2 registry borkedness or sum weird issue with bridging or any number of things. I don't think buying the synth will necessarily solve ur probs, tho, ur not installing anything diffrnt, aftr all. I'd check ur Ableton setup 1st, 2 rule that out, then try 2 go systematically.

16. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Exactly. There is something on ur system fcked up. These symptoms do not seem anything protection related.. U could buy the thing and end up on Dudas forum /w the same sht.. (-189) suggest to clean it up and if nothing helps reinstall at least those things famous said

17. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

S'ok, u can just call me slut, and I won't call u sevens guy, ok Matt? =)

18. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yes absolutley ,and believe me, i will be purchasing srm or srm2 when funds allow without a question in my mind.....
    If i were able id buy everty piece of soft/hardware i could get my mitts on but my finiancial situation is dire''''
    Music doesnt have to break the bank these days but also realistically it can indeed be done very cheaply without it soundding cheap
    Truly i struggle to find a few quid for cigarettes n food every day and have to hussle some to survive.......
    Anyone who uses this excellent service and can afford the plugs butn never buy any have no place on this site
    BTW sorry if i seemed argumentative im having an awful day and if so i apologise...................

19. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Sry but was being lazy and fed up at the end.. but thats the price being famous ..ppl start calling u britney (w/o bitch). I like sevens guy tho.. ;-) :chilling:

20. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I never said I have never bought anything.
    So if you don't want to answer don't answer.

And don't eat or don"t smoke but buy all your synths,you're right.That's really the most important thing in a life.

Goodbye Audiosex lovers moralists who spend their time on Audio(z).Liars.

21. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You're not accidentally launching SerumFX and trying to open newer Cymatics pesets with that are you?
    If not, then here:

1. Delete the .dll from your VST plugin directory.
    2. Delete the Serum folder in C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Xfer
    3. Move the Serum Presets folder in C:\Documents\Xfer to your desktop or just rename it e.g 'Serum Presets Backup'
    4. Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner tool or what you prefer to use.
    5. Install the Serum Demo from the Xfer site and repeat steps 1 and 2. You just need to keep the (Demo) Serum Presets folder.

Install 1.0.3b8 Beta or any earlier version just as long as it's the full install and not an update.
    Install the most current release.
    Move your preset folder back and merge it with the newly downloaded folder.