Behringer DeepMind12 Synth Revealed. It's Alive.

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by floond, Jul 28, 2016.

1. floond

floond Platinum Record

Rounik Sethi on Jul 28, 2016

Well folks, the saga continues with the 12-voice analog poly synth from Behringer. This time we have clearer shots, a more expressive sound in the video and a name! DeepMind 12. [​IMG]
    We've heard from an unconfirmed source the price will be around €500 EUR!!! Don't take this as definite though... personally I'd be very surprised if it's under €700 / $700. We'll let you know as soon as we know more...

[​IMG]

Teasers:

Source: https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-deepmind12-synth-revealed-its-alive

• Like Like x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 6
    • List
  3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Behringer is really onto something,this sounds powerful and beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. nastybobby

nastybobby Kapellmeister

Not convinced by the name, sounds like a second rate Sci-Fi TV series that got cancelled after the first season, but better a shit name and it sounding glorious (which it undoubtedly does) than the opposite.

I'm gonna guess around an hundred Euros per voice. Anything sub a thousand in total and it's a huge bargain.

6. onekutcha

onekutcha Ultrasonic

Wow, sound very nice, especially in the last two videos! Actually sounds amazing and its price for a hardware unit is very good also.

7. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

According to Uli Behringer,

"While the price has not been confirmed nor any price indication been given to retailers, we like to manage expectations.
    With approx. 4,000 components, the DeepMind12 is one of the most complex synthesizers that has ever been built. Due to its discrete design structure, it has vastly more components than you will likely find in any of the current synthesizers on the market.

While it has always been our company philosophy to work on very small margins, we would however never sacrifice component or manufacturing quality nor sell below cost. Like all our products, the DeepMind12 will come with a 3 Year Warranty program."

To me, this indicates a much higher price than most people are guessing at... I'd be shocked if it comes in at anything less than $2000 street.... and possibly it will be closer to $3000

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. nastybobby

nastybobby Kapellmeister

If it is €500, then I'd be very concerned about its build quality/durability, especially with some of that particular company's past products and reputation taken into account. Inexpensive is good, but not if it means constant service/repair bills.

I really hope it's not a 'It sounded absolutely fantastic........when it was working' type product.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. She said, "I like how reaffirmingly familiar it looks". LOL...I say, "My guess is that from the little that I saw of the synth in the video is that they once again performed another copy/paste scenario, this time around with what might be either a Roland Juno or Jupiter, more likely the former as to keep it at a target price for their target customer. Quality assurance is probably better than it used to be, but still, it would be soooooooo very hard for me to pull the trigger and lay down essential credits of any denomination in support of a company with their reputation for shoddy workmanship. It still is "The B word" to me". At those times when it feels as if my world is falling apart, I would prefer that my hardware keep its shit together. Come back and see me in five years, when then can we talk. That is the benefit of my doubt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

12 voice one of the most complex analogue synthesizer cant cost 500e:dunno:
    Even it will be made of cheapest Chinese parts.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. strangeranium

strangeranium Ultrasonic

it sounds pretty good.
    Its sound did seem fairly dependent on the fx options, however, in many regards, so is my Virus for deep sculpting.
    I sincerely hope that the build quality matches the sound quality.
    I am not liking the possibility, that to keep price down they have used a warehouse of monkeys to manufacture it from seconds stock made in China.

12. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Behringer has made a habit of making affordable stuff and for years it was all kinda cheaply made, some of it still worked really well , here in Germany just about every affects rack has at least 1 Behringer product in it , slowly but surely they have raised the bar and kept it at an affordable price point, I have no doubt DeepMind 12 will be the same. @ a price point of 500€ there going to have a hard time keeping them on the shelf, my guess is it will retail msrp at @ 1200 € and sell for about 1000 at larger chain stores. A buddy of mine is the synth buyer for Music Store here in Köln ill have a word and see if i can get more concrete info ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah if they can come in at $1000 it might be a doorbuster... but that sounds like a possible Christmas sale price...

I'll go for the $1200 - $1500 intro price.. this thing appears to be no joke.. !

I remember the hoopla that Arturia created with the Brute.. but it just never matched the reality, and sales, and acceptance
    has borne that out...

this is a much more ballsy animal...and Behringer seems to have really stepped up their game on this
    we'll be waiting to hear more..!

now who will be the first guy/gal to snag here ? :winker:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

15. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

You do realize that the Brutes (all of them) are actually one of the best selling synths of all time?

16. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Behringer bought Midas? So all previous bad, bad experiences, shitty sound, crap copies of famous gear, plastic and broken shit and overall POS Behringer products will be just a memory of the past?! Please let it be, because I swore never to touch a Behringer product once.
    This actually looks promising, even though I still have a bad taste in my mouth atm.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

winamp creator has been working on REAPER DAW, which is one of the best DAWs nowadays.
    behringer as a well-known cheapest "mixer etc." stuff creator developed analog super synth.
    midas=behringer
    harrison consoles with their largest consoles released them all as a digital DAW, huh:D
    IK Multimedia released Lurrsen Mastering Console! Use pre-made presets! EQ is the only one that can be adjusted!
    recent gearslutz test shootout: LANDR, Aria Mastering and other automated mastering studios did the job better than premium mastering engineer!

Years later:
    Bob Ludwig masters all the world music on iPhone with plugins only and he receives only "mp3 not higher than 256kbps" for mastering.
    Abbey Road studios work only with their own plugins (they have sold all analog gear from studio).
    UAD updated all plugins and released them on audioz (using zippyshare), and all for free, requires no DSP card! Grab them all right now!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. inusable

inusable Producer

I asked Richard Devine what he honestly thinks about this synth.
    Answer awaited.

19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

they don't seem to be very celebrated, here or anywhere else, and where did you get this " fact" ?

I didn't research it either to be honest, but then I never cared much for that piece of equipment..
    show me the way.. I feel like being shocked for being so incorrect..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
  20. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

indeed, behold my first guitar interface, and renowned POS ... the behringer UCG102

guitarlinkfail.jpg

wish i had my $40 back​

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Don't know if that was a joke or not, as he's the biggest hardware/software w¤&#e around. ;) Do you also have him as a friend on facebook?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List