AudioSEX.pro: [Kontakt] Can I create a Library with an image? - AudioSEX.pro

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Kontakt] Can I create a Library with an image?

#1 User is offline   bseos 

• PipPip
  • Group: Member
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:37 AM

Hi folks,
I have been playing around a bit and downloaded some of the free patches out there. I created a group that contained all the free patches and made it monolith. Is there a way I can add an image and then load up this collection underneath the main Kontakt 4 library in the library window. Or is this only for commercial libraries. It looks like the main Kontakt library has an .nkx file in the root directory (about 300kb in size). I assume this is the magic file that has the Kontakt jpeg and info on the instruments.

Its messy having some sample libraries appear in the library's tab and others you have to search for in the database search. Different guis and different search methods do not make for a positive work flow.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanked by 1 Member:

#2 User is offline   SAiNT 

• phonometrograph
  • Group: Administrator
  • LocationZ1ON

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

good question... i used to wonder too.
I Am AudiosexualGo the Fuck to Sleep

#3 User is offline   mrmusic 

• PipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

SAiNT, on 27 June 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

good question... i used to wonder too.

yes you can I came across some instructions for this and my Kontakt library has over 70 libraries and about half of them are home made. it only works on pc thoughAttached File  wallpaper.png (77.94K)
Number of downloads: 299

Thanked by 1 Member:

#4 User is offline   bseos 

• PipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

mrmusic, on 27 June 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

yes you can I came across some instructions for this and my Kontakt library has over 70 libraries and about half of them are home made. it only works on pc though wallpaper.png

well would you care to explain as to how then good sir?

#5 User is offline   daniel 

• Pip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

Yes please explain or point us to relevent info, I've googled but can't find straight forward instructions, and obviously native instruments have no instructions as, technically, it's not aloud.

Thanks

#6 User is offline   mrmusic 

• PipPip

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

ok so I will upload the instruction and relevant files

Thanked by 2 Members:

#7 User is offline   mrmusic 

• PipPip

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

here you go http://www.fileserve.com/file/9HqEPVn

Thanked by 4 Members:

#8 User is offline   bseos 

• PipPip

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

mrmusic, on 28 June 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

Oh wow that really is something. Thank you so much mate!! :mates:

edit: i hope you don't mind but I have uploaded it to several other mirrors just in case it gets pulled down

http://mir.cr/1JGZYHHF

Mirror Links said:

Thanked by 4 Members:

#9 User is offline   mrmusic 

• PipPip

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Well I just was sharing with you all. Did not really intend for it to be shared globally since I did not write the tutorial but once it can help it's cool

Thanked by 1 Member:

#10 User is offline   mrmusic 

• PipPip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

So has everyone been getting through with the Kontakt libraries? I hope so. If you have not been designing your own wallpapers or can't I think I'll upload some of mine

#11 User is offline   bseos 

• PipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:06 AM

mrmusic, on 30 June 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

So has everyone been getting through with the Kontakt libraries? I hope so. If you have not been designing your own wallpapers or can't I think I'll upload some of mine

Yes please, that would be very kind of you!
The process is a bit tedious and i havnt got alot of time on my hands at the moment so that would be much appreciated if you could.

#12 User is offline   mrmusic 

• PipPip

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

I've been quite busy and I realize that I'll need to edit all the wallpaper names and that would take some time too

#13 User is offline   tek909 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

Sweet, Thank you so much.
I have been searching all over for this for some time now.
:wink:

#14 User is offline   nzmS 

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

thanx from me too, been searching a day

#15 User is offline   TkiD 

• PipPipPip
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

mrmusic, on 27 June 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

yes you can I came across some instructions for this and my Kontakt library has over 70 libraries and about half of them are home made. it only works on pc though wallpaper.png

Ive always wanted to do this myself, get all the libraries together in one place, cheers guys :wink:
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Olymoon 

• Audiosexual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

This is awsome !!!! I was looking for this since long time.

NOTE: the first fileserve was corrupted but the rapidshare one works perfectly.

:wink:
Sound and Silence

#17 User is offline   clubnavee 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

@bseos I totally agree with the messy issue of samples everywhere and having them in the so-called "Commercial Library" lane would be awesome! Well thanks to this Tutorial it is awesome!!!

@mrmusic this tutorial is rather easy and straightforward to those of us who are at least programmers. I am not going to discuss/exploit the full process but for those who wish to make their workflow seem less tedious while creating custom libraries:

1. CREATE folder called [Template]
2. In the [Template] folder CREATE the following folders: [Instruments] [Multis] [Samples]
3. Add the main 3 files YOU WILL ALWAYS NEED included in the downloaded tutorial to the [Template] folder: Instrument_info.nkc, Instrument_info.nkx, Wall-Registry-template.reg
4. Rename them to Template_info.nkc, Template_info.nkx, Template_info.reg << This is just to be consistent with naming convention and seeing the MATRIX in this workflow.
5. Add the wallpaper.png file used as the background for your library

So you should have a folder labeled [Template] with 3 folders and 4 files << This will be your base start for every new custom library you CREATE.

A. Just COPY the [Template] folder >> Go to where you keep your sample libraries for Kontakt and PASTE
B. Rename the [Template] folder to the name of your custom library (Recommends COPYING the name CTRL-C/or right-click COPY)
C. Then paste it over the other labels with the name Template (Basically you are replacing all instances of "Template" with the Custom Library name...I.e Template_info.nkc should be CustomLibrayName_info.nkc...COPYING and PASTING assures you will not mispell the Custom Library and CTRL-V/right-click PASTE is faster anyway)

If you keep this empty starter base TEMPLATE folder off to the side and use it to begin Custom Libraries you will not have to work as hard putting it together and will eventually create a base directory for your library within the Template.reg file once you get the hang of it!

Just follow the instructions in the tutorial FIRST then you will see why I recommend this quick pre-made folder...and whatever you do PLEASE DON'T DO ANYTHING IN THE REGISTRY OTHER THAN WHAT THE TUTORIAL ASKS. I recommend that you drill to the asked directory and make note of all the unused library numbers and possibly entire ranges of numbers and CLOSE THE REGISTRY because YOU WILL NOT NEED TO GO THERE AGAIN. Just get the unused numbers and bounce: this assures you WILL NOT GET CURIOUS and KILL THE CAT that is your KONTAKT and possibly your OS for being a little too nosey in the most dangerous area on your computer!!!

THIS TUTORIAL DOES WORK K4 and K5!!! I AM NOW ENJOYING THE BENEFITS THAT @bseos has been speaking about concerning samples/libraries/patches everywhere rather one place...and my custom images are cool to (since I am a music producer/programmer/graphic designer this is a dream!) Thanks sooooooo much for this I SEE THE MATRIX in this completely :)
When in doubt >> REBOOT <<

Thanked by 3 Members:

#18 User is offline   quidane 

• Pip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hi Guys,

All the links are dead, could anyone have the files?

Thanks

#19 User is offline   Olymoon 

• Audiosexual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hello Guys,

This is more than just an aesthetic thing, thanks to mrmusic now I can see all my kontakt sounds, well organized in libraries and when i am composing, I don't want to browse over thousands of unorganized sounds. This really help to get a fluid workflow.

Only 2 details I discovered doing this:

1. You don't need to put a multi folder if there is no multi, then, once in kontak you will see the grey bar showing only "instruments". You don't even need to create any specific folder, if you don´t the gray bar will show "browse" instead.

2. Imagine that after you have done all the job creating libraries with your sounds and adding then to your win register, you have a problem and need to re-install your system ... :o !!!! well before this happens, just go to the root of your Native/ content in the regedit and save a backup. You will be able to import it the next time you install windows.

Ok let´s go concrete now:

So this a new link for those who haven't got it.

http://ul.to/1rox1b95

This is the original rar file from mrmusic
Sound and Silence

Thanked by 1 Member:

#20 User is offline   SerendiPetey 

• PipPip

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

I'm not sure if this is a thread referring strictly to Windows, but I have successfully learned how to make my own Libraries in Mac (Intel, Lion). If anyone's curious, PM me.

Thanked by 2 Members:

#21 User is offline   he_man2003 

• Pip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

hi all,

@mrmusic: thanks a lot for this great post!!

but somehow, I still have some problem adding a library.

as far as I can follow the tutorial, I made everything as described.
After running the reg file, I can see the new entry in the registry, with the correct path. Inside the registry file, I have give the correct name as well.
I use k2lib0001 as number, because I saw that this number hadn't existed yet...

now in my library folder, there are some additional folders which already exist beforehand (I believe I shouldn't delete them, should I?), so I just add the missing folders, i.e. instruments and multis (samples were already there), than I move the .nki file into the instruments folder.

I used one of the wallpaper from mrmusic and put this into the library folder.

After running KONTAKT, I couldn't find my library.
The thing that I notice is that the .nkc file is only 1KB, and .nkx is 0KB, so there must be something wrong.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

#22 User is offline   trees415 

• PipPip

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

he_man2003, on 22 May 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

hi all,

@mrmusic: thanks a lot for this great post!!

but somehow, I still have some problem adding a library.

as far as I can follow the tutorial, I made everything as described.
After running the reg file, I can see the new entry in the registry, with the correct path. Inside the registry file, I have give the correct name as well.
I use k2lib0001 as number, because I saw that this number hadn't existed yet...

now in my library folder, there are some additional folders which already exist beforehand (I believe I shouldn't delete them, should I?), so I just add the missing folders, i.e. instruments and multis (samples were already there), than I move the .nki file into the instruments folder.

I used one of the wallpaper from mrmusic and put this into the library folder.

After running KONTAKT, I couldn't find my library.
The thing that I notice is that the .nkc file is only 1KB, and .nkx is 0KB, so there must be something wrong.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

You have to click on add library from within Kontakt, then navigate to root folder of your library. However, if you are using Kontakt v5.02, then there is a likelihood that the method you followed will not work, as was the case for me. Instead, I create my own nicnt file for each library. While it is a little more tedious, I don't have to make changes to the registry (which can screw up your installation of Kontakt if you make a mistake).

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users